Delta Networks ET-DT7024 24 port 10G sfp+ - FASTPATH Restore help needed

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

CKat

May 20, 2017
Hello everyone!

I am by no means an expert at this, which is why I purchased the Delta Networks ET-DT7024 24 port 10G sfp+ switch for home lab.
It booted fine into FASTPATH, but I wanted to remove all prior config and like a naive new-bee, I chose the
"7 - Erase Permanent Storage"... I know, I am kicking myself for doing this... Now FASTPATH is gone completely.
I need help reloading FASTPATH. I do not want to load the Dell firmware because that wants specific Dell SFP transceivers and I only have the cheap DAC cables.

Two main questions/problems that I need help with:
  1. I found the Brokeaid revert instructions at (LB6M) Revert To Fastpath - Brokeaids and I am wondering if I can follow same steps to restore FASTPATH. It seems like the steps would be similar since I am getting Uboot as a default.
  2. My second problem is I do not have firmware for Delta ET-DT7024. My google-foo skills have not yielded any success and Delta Network website was not helpful in finding a firmware.
Any advice, and links for firmware would be greatly appreciated!!!

CK

fohdeesha

Kaini Industries
Nov 20, 2016
fohdeesha.com
*nobody* has the delta firmware, that's the problem. Back when I made that guide I even emailed delta and they claimed they don't even have the stock fastpath build, so you're probably stuck with dell firmware. If it makes you feel any better, I'm pretty sure the dell doesn't care about DAC vendors, only actual optic modules

CKat

May 20, 2017
I was just re-reading the brokeaid page. I noticed you did mention that the limitation is on transceivers but not on DAC cables.

Since I have no other choice, I will flash to Dell firmware!!! thanks for the great work done on the brokeaid site!!

CKat

May 20, 2017
Wanted to report back for others benefit. I have been able to successfully flash the Delta switch to Dell 8024f. I have done basic testing, got the web interface working, and setup basic vlan, and was able to obtain IP addresses.
Its not done yet, but I did run into one small issue - where I almost thought I bricked it... more below..

I followed the instructions for Delta to Dell 8024f listed on (7024) Delta To Dell - Brokeaids

Nicely written instructions. I had no issues following it. But I encountered an issue using TeraTerm. It could be an issue specific to this version - see below. In fact the issue is minor, but result seemed serious... In summary the issue is that when you select the file name, it dropped the .stk extension, and then the transfer did not work but gives no error message... So I wasted over an hour... More interesting info below...

upload_2020-4-5_23-17-46.png

The issue is that when you do the "Transfer -> XMODEM -> Send (1k)" and select the file with extension .stk, first time I just selected the file and hit send/open. It started at 3 packets sent, and sat there for over 1 hour... I could see the bytes per second drop slowly - started at like 3000 bytes per second, and over an hours time, it came down to 1 byte per second. After much thinking, I decided to Cancel the transfer and start again (not knowing what was wrong). As soon as I hit Cancel (note that the transfer was at 0.0% all this time), the entire boot menu became Chinese!!!

Seriously - here is a screenshot - you can see the first line is English, I hit 4, and I see the CKCKCK and finally when I hit cancel, it all became Chinese (I think its Chinese)... Anyway, with Chinese menu I hit 4, and Enter, and I started the transfer again --
This time I noticed from prior screenshot, that the file extension .stk was excluded --- Aha!!! I manually typed in the .stk extension and the transfer took place without a hitch.
Not knowing what to do next ( I spent an hour trying to figure out how to change language, and even Google Translate could not translate the menu...) Finally, I hit the "7" assuming it would be 7 - Update boot code just in chinese, and then hit 1...
I then reconnected with baud rate 9600, and once the reboot finished, the menu returned back in English... I did get a prompt for using Dell Initial Configuration Wizard, in which I selected N.

upload_2020-4-5_23-23-24.png

fohdeesha

Kaini Industries
Nov 20, 2016
fohdeesha.com
Yep! It's a bug with the latest tera term that wasn't present in the version when I originally made the guide, see here where I ran into it and it bricked one of my MD1200 controllers - https://forums.servethehome.com/ind...-md1200-md1220-sc200-sc220.27487/#post-253933

Official bug tracker entry - Ticket #37566: XMODEM not working correctly - Tera Term - OSDN

I forgot that guide calls for the use of teraterm, if I can find some free time I'll replace it with extraputty which has a properly working xmodem implementation

CKat

May 20, 2017
You can probably just add a note - saying that if the .stk extension is not showing up, type it in manually.

With that one change, TaraTerm works fine.

Freebsd1976

Feb 23, 2018
Seriously - here is a screenshot - you can see the first line is English, I hit 4, and I see the CKCKCK and finally when I hit cancel, it all became Chinese (I think its Chinese)... Anyway, with Chinese menu I hit 4, and Enter, and I started the transfer again --
No, those are not Chinese , not Janpanese or Korean.