Dell Z9100-ON

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ItsOnlyMe

Jun 9, 2021
Heya!

Its a long shot but I'm going to try this anyway. I became in possession of a Dell Z9100-ON.

This switch has only ONIE installed to install software. Since Cumulus Linux sits behind a paywall these days due to the company take over by Nvidia. I was wondering if there is someone here on the forum that has access to these downloads? From my understanding the download should be available on this webpage .

If someone has access to this software, do you mind sharing this software?

Kind regards,
ItsOnlyMe

oneplane

Jul 23, 2021
You don't just need the software, but also a license which is usually bound to the serial number of the switch.
Perhaps you should first try SONiC, this is free and the Z9100 is supported (but seems to be labelled Z9100-C32).

A more up-to-date version of that list shows the -ON suffix correctly: SONiC/supported_devices_platforms.md at sonic_image_md_update · sonic-net/SONiC

The installation image is: https://artprodcus3.artifacts.visua...ormat=file&subpath=/target/sonic-broadcom.bin

The guide here will get you started, including installation: SONiC/SONiC-User-Manual.md at master · sonic-net/SONiC

DavidWJohnston

Sep 30, 2020

ItsOnlyMe

Jun 9, 2021
Thanks @oneplane , I will read up on it see if its something :)

@DavidWJohnston Thanks, I didn't went for OS9 because i have seen a lot of mixed comments about the commands in OS9 vs OS10 and features that OS9 doesn't have but OS10 does like BGP. since I want to play a little bit more with BGP OS10 would be needed for this.

Reactions: DavidWJohnston

nasbdh9

Aug 4, 2019
To use OS10 you will need a license, and in many cases the license will be lost when buying a second-hand device, so you can only get an "indefinite" trial system (cannot be used after a certain period of time, needs to be reinstalled to "trial" again)

ihelpmathgeeks

Oct 25, 2023
Sorry to reactivate this thread, but does anybody have the instructions on how to get the Z9100 to install SoNiC, and/or how to setup the http service for onie detection?