Dell X4012 12-port 10GbE Switch Review a Half-Width Option

Discussion in 'STH Main Site Posts' started by Rohit Kumar, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Rohit Kumar

Rohit Kumar Guest

Rain and i386 like this.
  2. Rain

Rain Active Member

Unless things have changed relatively recently, I think it's worth pointing out the CLI on the Dell X-Series switches is very stripped down. Almost nothing can actually be configured in the CLI which is annoying because the WebUI can be sluggish at times. Honestly, think of these as WebUI-only switches, don't even bother looking in the CLI; whatever you hope is in there wont be.

I have a X1052P and it's a great switch. The WebUI is "fine" and I don't really have any issues with it, but a few times I've wished I could take care of some repetitive tasks quicker than navigating around and clicking buttons by mouse.

In a "set it and forget it" network where you'll configure the switch once and not touch it again, I think these are great switches. Otherwise, you may want to look elsewhere unless you don't want a CLI to begin with.

Patrick likes this.