Dell UltraSharp out of Warranty Support

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

CreoleLakerFan

Oct 29, 2013
I have a U3011 purchased in 2011. Today I learned from Dell Support that they do not service UltraSharp monitors which are out of warranty. This was a disappointment, considering I have three UltraSharp monitors recently out of warranty, and what I paid for the damn things.

Turns out I had a bad displayport cable. Still, I do not believe I will be purchasing a monitor from Dell again.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
All monitors are pretty much throw away these days. I don't believe Dell actually services them under warranty, they just replace them. And if you think Dell is bad, try dealing with Viewsonic or any of the other big name players, and not to mention the Chinese no names that seem to be so popular.

CreoleLakerFan

Oct 29, 2013
I believe you are correct - they replace defective monitors under warranty with refurbished units. I purchased a premium panel with the expectation it would last me for years, so it was a bit of a shock to be told "sorry, you're out of luck" when I inquired about getting a unit that is less than six months out of warranty repaired to full function.

If I ever purchase a Dell again I will add as much extended warranty as is available, and/or be sure to put the purchase on a card which extends the manufacturers warranty. Lesson learned.