Dell R730XD PSU compatability

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

kf0cqx

May 13, 2023
I am in the process of setting up my homelab to move out to my tower site to get some better speeds. Out there I have a -48vdc rectifier rack and would like to run my homelab off of the battery bank without trying to find an isolated inverter.

TLDR is the Dell PowerEdge R730XD compatible with the -48vdc 05G4WK / 0Y1MGX PSU?

Thanks in advance. 1000024331.jpg

Last edited:

BeTeP

Mar 23, 2019
I don't have any Dell servers myself - the following is just my educated guess. These part numbers are from a 12gen PSU. The R730XD is the 13gen. The PSU form factor/pinout did not change much. The PSU will fit. The server will not blow up. The server will power on. The IDRAC will throw an alarm.

Reactions: kf0cqx

kf0cqx

May 13, 2023
I don't have any Dell servers myself - the following is just my educated guess. These part numbers are from a 12gen PSU. The R730XD is the 13gen. The PSU form factor/pinout did not change much. The PSU will fit. The server will not blow up. The server will power on. The IDRAC will throw an alarm.
I appreciate the response, all it needs to do is power up and run really, alarms can be ignored for a lot of things and thats one I'd be happy ignoring, thank you for the help.