Dell R720xd cannot see disks in NetApp DS4246

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

MuscleLazy

Apr 30, 2022
Turns out Debian cares about the firmware present into PERC H810 controller, which had 9207-8i firmware flashed into. As soon as I flashed the 9207-8e firmware, everything was functional.

1661032577127.png

There is something interesting related how the enclosure disks are seen by Debian. If I connect the cable into top “square” IOM6 port, all disks are seen, no matter where they are installed, with or without interposers installed. If I connect the cable into bottom “square” IOM6 port, only the disks with interposer installed are seen by Debian.

Each of the two IOM6 controllers have one SAS path wired to them. Without an interposer, the SATA devices have no second path. Adding the interposer results in both paths being present.

Last edited:

MuscleLazy

Apr 30, 2022
Quite a jump in PCI Bus locations for only 2 PCIe slots apart
I think because H710 PERC 9207-8i is a Dell mini card with proprietary connector on motherboard and H810 PERC 9207-8e is installed on a PCIe slot.

On a side note was this post always in 'Networking' as probably as far from Networking as you can get in a server
I was looking first where to post about the controller card as I was sure is related. Networking was the only forum I thought it would fit. I’ll check more carefully next time, thank you all for your useful help.

Last edited: