Dell PowerEdge T640 as a Workstation : Powerful and Silent.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

dmitry.n.medvedev

Jun 25, 2022
@ElCoyote_ good morning.

I have a problem with getting signal from NVidia Quadro p2200 - no signal goes out of it. I tried another GPU ( which known to work in a PC ) with the same result - no signal.

Have you ever experienced this type of a problem in your Dell T640? And if so, how did you fix it?

best regards,
Dmitry

ElCoyote_

Jul 22, 2016
@ElCoyote_ good morning.

I have a problem with getting signal from NVidia Quadro p2200 - no signal goes out of it. I tried another GPU ( which known to work in a PC ) with the same result - no signal.

Have you ever experienced this type of a problem in your Dell T640? And if so, how did you fix it?

best regards,
Dmitry
Hi Dmitry,
What OS are you using?
Did you set the onboard video controller as disabled in the BIOS?
1711811754391.png

Reactions: dmitry.n.medvedev

IronRoarII

Apr 9, 2024
This is some great stuff! I too wanted to upgrade our T640 and I truly learned a lot here. Would you mind if you could share your CPU seller info in a dm? Can really use a reliable source. I am so tempted to buy a pair of 8272CLs from eBay but was scared by a one-star review that says:

Don't buy OEM unless you have after market motherboard
Very limited compatibility

I think I'll probably order the 8269CY like you did. Besides the fact that based on your test the 8272CL probably doesn't work on Dell in the first place, it was also quite sketchy to me that half of the 8272CLs from eBay were like ~$300 while the other half were ~$600

Last edited: