Dell Perc H310 MegaSCU

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Fluffy

Oct 30, 2016
Hi,

does anyone know how the ini file has to look like for using AdpFactorySettings parameter of MegaSCU? What I know is, that the ini file is different as the output of AdpSettings.
I only have the command line help of MegaSCU and I cannot find more documentation of MegaSCU.

Background

I do have a H310 controller which I would like to crossflash to a LSI 9240-8i and it should run in a DELL poweredge T20.
That card is not shown at all during boot and even in T20 BIOS all PCI slots are shown as empty though I know that the controller works as it should cause it was tested on another mobo.
My guess is that DELL T20 BIOS has a whitelist/blacklist of PCI devices to use because the SUBVENDOR ID of my card is 1F78 (built for DELL Precision Workstations).
I would like to switch the SUBVENDOR ID to 1F4E (built for DELL Poweredge servers) and see, if it is recognized then.

MegaSCU -AdpFactorySettings -SetPciData should be able to manage it as stated in the command line help:

-SetPciData reads INI file and sets FW PCI related data like Vendor ID, Device ID etc.

-SetMfgData reads INI file and updates FW manufacturing data like manufacturing data, revision, etc.

-SetMfcData reads INI file and updates FW manufacturing structure
-SetSasAddress reads INI file and updates SAS Address

My question now is, how should that ini File look like, is there more documentation of MegaSCU available or does anyone have another idea, how I can get the controller to work on DELL T20?

Thanks in advance,
Ingo

Last edited:

Twist

Oct 15, 2015
Norway
Did you find a way to change subvendor id using MegaSCU ?

Had a look at the serial eeprom and it should not be any problem editing it - you can dump it using 'megarec -readsbr o filename' and write it back using 'megarec -writesbr o filename'

Yours should look similar to to this, this dump has a subvendor id of 1F78, you could replace 78 with 4E and flash it back.
No warranties on this, you should get yourself a cheap programmer if card fails.

Content may revert back to the original Dell, some more info here.

H310.JPG

Reactions: Fluffy

Twist

Oct 15, 2015
Norway
This is awesome - going to play with this to see what is possible.

ENABLESSC and ENABLESSCWB is Cachecade and Cachecade with writeback.
If these two switches work there is perhaps no need to buy raid premium feature keys.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
This is awesome - going to play with this to see what is possible.

ENABLESSC and ENABLESSCWB is Cachecade and Cachecade with writeback.
If these two switches work there is perhaps no need to buy raid premium feature keys.
any news on the ENABLESSC and ENABLESSCWB settings?