Dell FusionIO SX350-3200 headaches on Windows 10 Pro

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

JohnMLTX

Apr 29, 2022
Hi all,

I've been reading every thread I can about how to get this card working. I have a Dell-tagged SX350-3200, and I can't get it to attach or format at all. When I run the fio-sure-erase command, it always spits out something about a hardware issue and can't be used.

I don't really know what else to do from here, and any bit of advice is very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

oneplane

Jul 23, 2021
It looks like it is overheating, is the air path for your fans or the air duct in your server restricted or something like that? Some servers run the air via specific paths and there are break/tear/cutouts if you need to let air flow over PCIe-riser-attached cards.

JohnMLTX

Apr 29, 2022
It's in a gaming desktop case, since I really want to use it as a local storage, mainly for video editing and steam games. I have my fans set to run rather high to compensate, though.

I also have a proper server with the airflow paths, a Dell PowerEdge tower, running UnRaid, but I don't know how to get this configured in there.

oneplane

Jul 23, 2021
It looks like as long as the temperatures are that high it will be a problem, even with a firmware hack the temperature will be high and the chips will still die because of it.

You probably need to either put a bigger heatsink on it or have a fan with direct airflow on top of it.

JohnMLTX

Apr 29, 2022
It looks like as long as the temperatures are that high it will be a problem, even with a firmware hack the temperature will be high and the chips will still die because of it.

You probably need to either put a bigger heatsink on it or have a fan with direct airflow on top of it.
Will do, looking at getting more heatsinks for it and a few fans underneath it.

oneplane

Jul 23, 2021
Will do, looking at getting more heatsinks for it and a few fans underneath it.
I think the method is similar to the RAID cards that are for servers where you essentially put a Northbridge cooler on it to make it a bit cooler around 50 degrees.