Dell C1100 CS24-TY no IP kvm?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

MACscr

May 4, 2011
I have two Dell C1100 CS24-TY servers with BCM Firmware version 0.29. When I try to go the kvm console in firefox on osx system, it brings up a file browser like its asking to pick an application to open it. I do have java installed and it works fine with my c6100's. I thought maybe i needed IPMIViewer from supermicro, but i was only able to use the jar version as the osx version requires an older version of java (v6) that I dont want to install. Anyway, the jar version doesnt seem to show a kvm tab for either my c6100s or my C1100s. It does have a text console, but its not configured. Any suggestions on the kvm issue?

smithse79

Sep 17, 2014
I also have a CS24-TY. I noticed that when you click the KVM link it tries to download a Java app however, the extension of the file is all screwed up, it's something like .jar01(something else here) If you remove everything after the .jar, Java should be able to open it. Also, it relies on the browser session you're currently running. I use Chrome and found out that if I actually keep the .jar file and try to run it again it will fail to login, even if I still have the browser window open. I have to actually launch it with the bottom bar of Chrome after doing a Save As to fix the file name.

MACscr

May 4, 2011
Thanks. Firefox seemed to hide that download, so I didnt notice. What a pain. luckily i dont have to use it often. LOL.