Dell acquires EMC

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Deslok

Jul 15, 2015
deslok.dyndns.org
I wonder why none of these articles seem to bring lenovo as an option they resell VNX systems places like china and sell smaller storage equipment with their Lenovo-EMC joint venture. Perhaps they got enough storage with their IBM servers purchase?

gigatexal

I'm here to learn
Nov 25, 2012
Portland, Oregon
alexandarnarayan.com
I agree with you @Patrick the flexibility a managed platform provides is what I hope we move to in the near future. I wish I had more of a say in my company's decisions because we are hamstrung by a slow, politically motivated IT dept. From what we spend on VMWare contracts and EMC storage and given all the MSDN credits we have I think we could probably save money on moving to Azure or AWS and gain the flexibility in places of things like DR or spinning up a DW that auto-scales. We'd likely have to spend a bunch of time and coin on refactoring our application and database designs though so that is probably the biggest drawback.