Cryptonote coins

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Zpalmtree

Feb 21, 2018
Hi, I do a bit of devving on TRTL so I thought i'd pitch in on my thoughts.
so far I just see them pulling code left and right from other projects.
I don't really think this is true. The core codebase, we forked from forknote, along with the mining pool software. There was also the ooze wallet, which was forked from the bytecoin GUI. This however has since been abandoned in favour of some homegrown wallets.

Lots of things have been developed from scratch, 2 GUI wallets, some mobile pool monitors, a few tip bots and a faucet, a game is in development, among other things. The core bytecoin codebase is seeing a lot of work, and in fact a vulnerability was found in the RPC interface we inherited from bytecoin allowing coins to be swiped from wallets.

And even then I don't understand how any of the code is being written when said "head" devs are posting messages into discord almost every hour of the day - it's almost like there is account sharing going on. No sane developer can multitask that good
I don't really agree with this. Some people can multi task while devving. I like jumping in and out of stuff when I get annoyed or just need a clear head to think things through, I constantly open hacker news maybe 10 times an hour when i'm programming on something tough, and I do post in discord whilst programming.

It's true that nicehash is causing some problems for the network. We have attempted to mitigate this by altering the difficulty adjustment algorithm at block 187k, but will keep watching it and alter if this doesn't help fix the issues. There have also been discussions about using rotating algorithms like monero has considered to prevent nicehash.

In regards to the coin being a get rich quick scheme, I think that's a bit of a foolish claim. There was no premine, no ICO, no claim of anything really other than a fun coin. The lead dev has given out many millions of the coins for bounties, and just to share the wealth on new users.

Finally, addressing Howard2018's comments - This is just rubbish really. I have never seen any claims like that, and the lead dev still is active on the discord. I don't see how you think they're trying to scam anyone in the business world or even what that means really. And yes, the lead devs are anonymous. I'm not sure how that's much of a surprise when they're working on a privacy related coin. You can hear more justification about this on the BlockZero podcast.

There has also been some widespread FUD from a member on the discord who was originally very energetic about the coin, but after attempting to organize a group of people to crash the coin and getting called out, has constantly been spreading rubbish about the coin in revenge? This has been going on for quite a while now, and is where a lot of the inane rumours and allegations come from.

Hopefully this cleared some things up. We're not claiming to be a get rich quick scheme, just a fun coin with a great community and some passionate devs.

Howard2018

Feb 20, 2018
The RPC vulnerability wasn't from the fork from bytecoin, bytecoin has never had that vulnerability. You can search RockSteadys convo in discord and see his claims of being associated with GoonWaffe and the goonsquad. The BlockZero podcast says the same thing you just said, they are anonymous because they are working on a privacy coin.

Do you understand what FUD stands for? Fear, uncertainty and doubt. This fear that the devs aren't experienced and professional, the uncertainty that they are not who they say they are, the doubt to the devs claims, it all steams from the dev team Banned a member of the TradeSatoshi staff. The dev team putting the RPC vulnerability into the code. The dev team claiming to have past work on other coins but showing no proof. The dev team getting drunk and high and shitting on their discord.

Have you ever heard of "Flow", focus, or productivity? Multi tasking discord chat while working just doesn't work. Anyone with an IT job knows you have to set aside a time to view and reply to emails/communication or you will not be productive.

onsit

Jan 5, 2018
This thread was more or less for the current members of the community to discuss multiple coins.

Not some same day accounts to shill or fear monger.

Reactions: polyfractal

Zpalmtree

Feb 21, 2018
According to this - Unauthenticated JSON-RPC API allows takeover of CryptoNote RPC wallets · Ayrx's Blog - bytecoin is still vunerable to the RPC exploit. The dev's did not put this vulnerability into the code - it simple stems from the RPC interface running without a password.

Just for you, I searched those two terms. Unsurprisingly, they were both only mentioned once, by one user.

Yes, a tradesatoshi member was accidentally banned. Mistakes happen. Most likely, someone missunderstood what he said, and assumed he was impersonating a tradesatoshi staff member - just a few days before, someone was pretending to be the TradeOgre admin, so this is a perfectly reasonable mistake to make. The next day I believe, the guy was unbanned, and was helped out with the issues.

The devs have claimed to help in a very minor role to the Aeon codebase I believe. Presumably the reason they don't want to prove that is because they want to remain anonymous, and linking specific commits might link to a github account related to them.

In regards to the devs "getting drunk and high and shitting on their discord", I would disagree with them ever shitting on the discord, but regardless, the coin never claimed to be a professional coin, in fact it claimed to be the opposite, I don't believe the devs are in anyway misrepresenting themselves.

And yes, some people do need uninterrupted flow when they're working. Not everyone is the same however - I don't.

@onsit I apologize for disrupting your forum - however, TRTL was getting a lot of flak here, and whilst I have no issue with healthy criticism, some of the claims were just blatantly false. I hope I haven't appeared to be a shill, just for users to have all the facts. I'll make this my last post in the thread. Thanks.

polyfractal

Apr 6, 2016
I joined STH just so I could shine a little light on TurtleCoin. The lead dev used to be very active on Discord. He gets high or drunk in the evenings and claims to be over 70. He said that he is part of the Goon Squad in a video game called Eve and that Goon Waffe the leader of the goon squad used to be in Turtle Coin Discord.

This group of people from Eve online are known for developing elaborate schemes to steal money, time and resources from people. When Turtle was originally launched the only people who knew about it were people trolling on 4chan and the lead devs close friends, the goonsquad. It's kind of silly to think a group of video gamers would try to scam people in the business world, but since the whole dev team is hiding behind anonymity it is hard to put any credibility into this coin.
I quite literally laughed out loud when I read this.

As a goon myself since like 2003 or something, and a long-time Eve player (although thankfully i'm winning Eve right now and not playing anymore) I guess I'm part of this mastermind plot to overthrow the crypto world too. :rolleyes:

Howard, in case you weren't aware, "goons" are any members of the SomethingAwful forums... a very old comedy site/forum. Maybe it's before your time, dunno. Think of SA as the original Reddit. Just like a subreddit, goons tend to do things together, like play videogames...

Eve is a sandbox space game (fondly referred to as "spreadsheets in space") with very permissive rules regarding gameplay, so there is lots of lying, stealing and general backstabbing as alliances jockey for power. Goons have at times been very good at this, until they inevitably backstab themselves and descend into chaos and start the cycle over again. Just like every other major major alliance in the game.

Frankly, I trust goons more than rando internet people, so I guess trtl is for me. Fingers crossed Rocksteady is in fact The Mittani, the glorious spymaster of our fatherland GoonWaffe and ruler of the Imperium.

Lolol I can't even.

onsit

Jan 5, 2018
I quite literally laughed out loud when I read this.

As a goon myself since like 2003 or something, and a long-time Eve player (although thankfully i'm winning Eve right now and not playing anymore) I guess I'm part of this mastermind plot to overthrow the crypto world too. :rolleyes:

Howard, in case you weren't aware, "goons" are any members of the SomethingAwful forums... a very old comedy site/forum. Maybe it's before your time, dunno. Think of SA as the original Reddit. Just like a subreddit, goons tend to do things together, like play videogames...

Eve is a sandbox space game (fondly referred to as "spreadsheets in space") with very permissive rules regarding gameplay, so there is lots of lying, stealing and general backstabbing as alliances jockey for power. Goons have at times been very good at this, until they inevitably backstab themselves and descend into chaos and start the cycle over again. Just like every other major major alliance in the game.

Frankly, I trust goons more than rando internet people, so I guess trtl is for me. Fingers crossed Rocksteady is in fact The Mittani, the glorious spymaster of our fatherland GoonWaffe and ruler of the Imperium.

Lolol I can't even.
I actually resubbed my account because of this to get on comms and see what my contacts had to say. But being in the wormhole side of eve, you don't get that juicy drama of Mittens doing a pump and dump crypto to fight his next war.