CRS326-24G-2S+RM DHCP Server config problem

Draky

Feb 26, 2021
I have completely lost it. I wanted a silent L3 switch for basic home network with DHCP server functionality and dual 10 gig ports, this was perfect.
The problem is, I can't get DHCP to work properly.
My network:
Cable in to Arris SB8200 <> Mikrotik CRS326-24G-2S+RM

I'm running everything off of the Mikrotik so that is suppose to do DHCP. The problem is, when I set it up I have got to be missing something. On the quickset page in Winbox I set it to:
Internet:: Eth1 / DHCP (and yes, it gets the IP from the SB8200 just fine).
Local Network: IP Address 192.168.1.1/24 (not that one but it'll do for this), DHCP Server checked with range 192.168.1.21-192.168.1.200 and NAT checked
I then go to IP > Address and I see that it built the 192.168.1.1 on eth2
I then go to IP > DHCP Server and see it's set up the server to eth2
Verify all interfaces are enabled.

The problem I have is only ethernet 2 gets an ip address and can get out to the internet but it's the only device. Nothing else can reach the internet. I've spent the last 4 hours on this and am just out of ideas and searching isn't helping either. Does anyone have any ideas what I'm missing?

Thank you in advance.

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
Sorry, but the switch is not really a L3 switch, it is more like a L2 switch with the CPU of a standard homerouter.

The switch may be using a default configuration that is more in line with it being a switch than a router.
If I remember correctly, in the top-right corner of the quickset configuration there should be a dropdown menu, where you can select a mode.

If changing mode does not work you probably will want to add the other ports to the same bridge as ether2.

Reactions: Draky

Draky

Feb 26, 2021
Sorry, but the switch is not really a L3 switch, it is more like a L2 switch with the CPU of a standard homerouter.

The switch may be using a default configuration that is more in line with it being a switch than a router.
If I remember correctly, in the top-right corner of the quickset configuration there should be a dropdown menu, where you can select a mode.

If changing mode does not work you probably will want to add the other ports to the same bridge as ether2.
Thank you so much for the help RTM.
When I said I wanted L3 I really only wanted a DHCP server and the ability to use LACP.
Also, you were right, I didn't select the bridge all ethernet ports. It's working now and greatly appreciate the help!!