CoyotePoint E450vx

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
How loud are those? Looks like they are sitting on an office desk.

sboesch

Aug 3, 2012
Columbus, OH
I have both LBs setup in Active-Passive. I am doing Layer 7 SSL offloading for my IIS servers. It was tricky getting the Layer 7 SSL offloading to work for our application.

4 IIS 7.5 Servers, one is a state server for the sessions. I have 4 SQL 2008 R2 servers for the databases, we are hosting 6 large web 2.0 applications.

The tricky part was being able to keep the user sessions working when they would get handed off to one of the 4 web servers, the session would be active, but once they passed to another server I would get a null value for their user ID sent to the database server. This was not an issue with the Microsoft Network Load Balancing.
This issue was resolved by setting the Site ID # to match across all the IIS servers, they each have their own webconfigs and do not share them. I also had to add header values to the Layer 7 clusters setup on the CoyotePoints.

They are chugging along rather nicely. I would recommend these highly, much cheaper than the Big 5 products, and much more robust than the Barracuda load balancers.