Converting Supermicro Rackmount SC747 back to Tower?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Kevin

Aug 9, 2016
Winnipeg, Canada
I recently picked up a few SC747TG-R1400B-SQ chassis but they were all converted from the tower format to rackmount format. I would like to use them as towers but I can't seem to find replacement chassis feet anywhere. The supermicro website lists these parts that I'm interested in because they were missing from mine:

MCP-290-74502-0B Plastic feet (4 pcs set) for 4U tower chassis, black color

MCP-290-74701-0B Black plastic top cover for SC747 workstation

MCP-290-74703-0B Fixed 3.5" dummy cover for SC747

But I can't seem to find them for sale anywhere.

I'm most interested in the feet because the bottom of these isn't perfectly flat, it has metal slats that stick out like 1/4" where the original feet would go. In the tower position they stop the case from sitting flat. Has anyone tried using any of the many universal case feet out there with a supermicro chassis and had it work well? I don't' really want to resort to stick on feet but I'm starting to think that might be my only option :(

Kevin

Aug 9, 2016
Winnipeg, Canada
I tried contacting them but they told me that supermicro does not sell any of those 3 parts separately and I guess they don't have any kicking around :(

For a case I'm pretty sure they still sell new I don't understand why a company like supermicro wouldn't want to sell parts for it. Especially the feet, no one's ever broken them and wanted new ones without wanting to spend $1000 on a new chassis lol.

Looks like I'm stuck waiting for a random ebay posting or going the custom route.

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
Have you contacted Supermicro's RMA team? I've had good luck getting replacement parts that are otherwise impossible to find. The prices and shipping are usually quite reasonable. I would just explain that you've had these in a rackmount configuration for some time and can't find the feet anymore.