Controller ID: 0 Host driver needs to be upgraded to enable extended LD support

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Falloutboy

Oct 23, 2011
O.K I have a fresh install of Windows 7 Home Premium,
My 9361-8i has the latest firmware 6.36.00.0_4.19.08.00_0x06180200 and the latest drivers downloaded from the Broadcom site MR_WINDOWS-DRIVER_6.14-6.714.05.00-WHQL .
I have connected 5 x HGST726040ALS210's and the Cachevault, at the moment the battery is not connected - as I am yet to do this.
I keep striking this message in the log, I don't know if it was to do with the drives previously being JBOD and bootable for testing but I am currently running a quick drive erase just in case I don't know if LD means large drive, logical disk or what the story is but I have a 9361-8i running a 20TB raid 6 array with a hotswap on my windows 10 PC working without this issue, the card on that machine is running older 9361 firmware and has 2G cache, apart from the bigger array size and the different operating system those are the only differences.

Has anyone struck this before?
What does it actually mean?
What do I do about it if anything?

Sent a message off to LSI, turns out this message is simply informational and is not a problem but in saying that I believe the cause was a windows 8 driver for the 9361-8i that managed to somehow install via windows update, the latest LSI drivers don't seem to have a directory for windows 7.. I found the latest windows 7 driver archived on the LSI site, removed the 8 driver and installed the 7 driver - problem seems to have vanished.

Last edited: