Containers with macvlan network AND bridge

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

iceisfun

Jul 19, 2014
I have a number of vlans and want to spin up containers that provide vlan specific services, this works awesome and is super easy with Docker.

Now I want to also drop that container on the bridge 172.17/16 network and pull data with telegraf, this works with an error when I try to add the bridge, the containers default gateway is still the macvlan network however when I restart the container with the invalid network configuration it will not start until I remove the bridge, start the container then reattach the bridge.

So I tried adding a different bridge network that overlaps the 172.17/16 space without a gateway and that does not work

I can work this out so each container has only one network or remove gateways from other networks?

How are other people setting stuff like this up?

fossxplorer

Mar 17, 2016
Oslo, Norway
Hey,
Just curious, did you get any further with this issue?
I have a similar setup like you where the macvlan (over a bridge, probably not i!adeal) connects 2 different DCs(but only containers in one DC and the containers need to communicate with VMs at the other DC).