ConnectX3 Card

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
I have 2 ConnectX3 cards that I was hoping to use between my DB Server and archive / not live data storage server for rapidly transporting DB files off the cheap spinner array onto the NVME disks... I also want to use a 3rd to connect my home ESXI host to the data too.

FiberStore Suggested These parts, and I want to verify they're in fact what I need, and will do what they claim they will in e-mail. (I Told them I had conenctx3 and wanted to connect two hosts at 40gig)

This is their suggestion on what to buy.

ConenctX3

I realistically don't have a need for 40G but figured if I have the cards why not use them. The transceiver seems expensive, but I'm not sure what a 40G QSFP+ can go for on ebay as this is new for me :D

neo

Mar 18, 2015
I can't answer your fiber question, but have you considered QSFP+ copper cable since you are using 3M lengths? You can get quality branded cable for a fraction of the price on eBay.

For simplicity and cost purposes I prefer to use copper if it applicable - in short lengths.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
I can't answer your fiber question, but have you considered QSFP+ copper cable since you are using 3M lengths? You can get quality branded cable for a fraction of the price on eBay.

For simplicity and cost purposes I prefer to use copper if it applicable - in short lengths.
That would be "ok" with me. I e-mailed FiberStore told them what had and wanted to do and that's (fiber) is what they suggested... I guess that shouldn't be a surprise ;D