Connectx-3 00W0055 Firmware

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Vince123

Sep 1, 2017
I just purchased a few connectx-3 EN cards off ebay.
This is a dual port card.
It is FRU PN: 00w0055. Rev: A2 The listing said IBM connectx-3 EN card.

When I do a search online I cant find any firmware updates for this card.
I'm not even sure its an IBM model.

Does anyone have any idea of where I could find the latest firmware for the card?
Or can it be flashed with Mallenox firmware?

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
Flashing mellanox firmware on cx-2 en or cx-3 vpi cards worked for me without problems. Can't say if it is possible with your cx-3 en though.

Give it a try and post the results.

Vince123

Sep 1, 2017
Hi, Yes I was able to flash them as well.

They are now recognized as mellanox cards with the latest firmware.

Not sure if this matters but I flashed the first card to the latest Lenovo firmware first, These cards had a Lenovo psid number.
I then decided to flash to the latest mellanox firmware and that worked.

On the second card I tried to go direct to mellanox firmware but was unsuccessful, so I upgraded to Lenovo first, then to mellanox as I did with the first card.

I used FLINT with this flag "-allow_psid_change" that got around the psid check in the firmware update process

All were successful.

747builder

Dec 17, 2017
Hi, Yes I was able to flash them as well.

They are now recognized as mellanox cards with the latest firmware.

Not sure if this matters but I flashed the first card to the latest Lenovo firmware first, These cards had a Lenovo psid number.
I then decided to flash to the latest mellanox firmware and that worked.

On the second card I tried to go direct to mellanox firmware but was unsuccessful, so I upgraded to Lenovo first, then to mellanox as I did with the first card.

I used FLINT with this flag "-allow_psid_change" that got around the psid check in the firmware update process

All were successful.
i know this thread is old but where you get the lenovo firmware from? i cant find it. i just got about 6 of these cards.

josiah

Feb 4, 2019
i know this thread is old but where you get the lenovo firmware from? i cant find it. i just got about 6 of these cards.
Go to the Mellanox website -> Support & Education -> OEM Firmware Download -> Lenovo -> Lenovo Enterprise Scalable -> Archive (tab) -> Archived Firmware & Software

or follow this link: http://www.mellanox.com/page/firmware_table_Lenovo_archive

It will have a series of tabs for "Drivers" "Switches" "Firmware". You want to select "Firmware" (naturally). Then ctrl+f your PSID which for the 00W0054 model is probably IBM1080110023. This will bring you to the relevant entry. Update to this firmware first before cross-flashing and it should work.

Hope this helps!

747builder

Dec 17, 2017
Go to the Mellanox website -> Support & Education -> OEM Firmware Download -> Lenovo -> Lenovo Enterprise Scalable -> Archive (tab) -> Archived Firmware & Software

or follow this link: http://www.mellanox.com/page/firmware_table_Lenovo_archive

It will have a series of tabs for "Drivers" "Switches" "Firmware". You want to select "Firmware" (naturally). Then ctrl+f your PSID which for the 00W0054 model is probably IBM1080110023. This will bring you to the relevant entry. Update to this firmware first before cross-flashing and it should work.

Hope this helps!
Thank you much. now to verify what my PSID is.

Blue)(Fusion

Mar 1, 2017
Chicago
I'm interested in doing the same. Which Mellanox firmware/PSID do I need to download to get the Mellanox firmware flashed?

I just updated to the latest Lenovo firmware with no issue:
Code:
area51 ~ # mstfwmanager -d 03:00.0
Querying Mellanox devices firmware ...

Device #1:
----------

Device Type:      ConnectX3
  Part Number:      00W0054_Ax
  Description:      Mellanox ConnectX-3 EN Dual-port SFP+ 10GbE Adapter
  PSID:             IBM1080110023
  PCI Device Name:  03:00.0
  Port1 MAC:        0002c91bfe10
  Port2 MAC:        0002c91bfe11
  Versions:         Current        Available     
     FW             2.35.5100      N/A           
     PXE            3.4.0648       N/A           
     UEFI           14.8.0043      N/A           

Jxck

Mar 13, 2019
Did any of you with the IBM 00ww0055 Cx-3 EN happen to get Wake on lan working?