ConnectX-2 VPI cards for $150

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Any idea what they are going for on offer? Also if one can use them with Mellanox firmware?

manonshortbus

Jan 24, 2014
Long time lurker....slowly (like a year slowly) have been piecing a lab together.

Back on topic. The seller took my bid of $90. But I have not yet pulled trigger as I am curious too how "supported" these are. If we can flash them to a mellanox then great if not then I am not wasting my time or money. :)

TangoWhiskey9

Jun 28, 2013
That is a good price! Post a build thread and people may be able to help you out with the missing pieces.

manonshortbus

Jan 24, 2014
do you know if these cards can be flashed to a mellanox firmware? also, are they compatible with smb 3.0.

in regards to the build thread i will do that once i get started. i began this journey thinking of going with amd 6128s but since this is going to be in my office which doubles as a spare bedroom i want things quiet and as compact as possible. that is why i am back tracking and probably going with avoton hyper-v with these as the storage and failover backbone. avoton+32GB ram+QDR infiniband makes one cheap and very potent hyper-v host (like under 1K cheap with a 32GB USB3.0 boot drive).

as a side note to the server the home audience i will be having a "garage sale" here soon. i have lots of ram that i thought i could use that i can offload cheap. bought before the great price hike.