connect-x uefi FW?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by elag, Dec 2, 2019.

1. elag

elag Member

Hi all
    I have a few ConnectX-3s (MCX311) in my network. The one in my PC/workstation (on an Asus H87-pro) seems to be causing some minor issues as the card does not have a EFI bootrom. Looking at the Mellanox documentation I found that the MCX341 DOES have an EFI bootrom. Apart from the formfactor (that card uses an OCP formfactor) they seem to be identical. Would it be practical to flash the MCX341 FW to an MCX311?

Are there other ways to get a FW for the MCX311 with EFI?

2. BeTeP

BeTeP Active Member

It is not clear from your post whether you need the network boot feature or not. If you do not need the feature - just remove the bootrom using flint -d <device> --allow_rom_change drom command. If you want network boot - just flash the bootrom on top of the existing firmware with flint -d <device> --allow_rom_change brom bootrom.efirom command.

fohdeesha likes this.
  3. RageBone

RageBone Active Member

If you mean the PXE network-boot, i dabled with it a bit. I didn't get anything EFI to run on my HP544 aka cx354fcbt.
    Official EFI pxe support is only available with the CX4 line as far as i have researched it.

iPXEs EFI Version die not detect my cx3 cards but that could have been my fault.

4. elag

elag Member

Well I did not need PXE boot so I did the flint -d <device> --allow_rom_change drom dance. Worked great. Thanks for the tip!

RageBone likes this.