Common sense assembly

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

JSchuricht

Apr 4, 2011
Some people really shouldn't be building their own computers. Here's my latest ebay acquisition. The air shroud was over the fans and heatsink but the heatsink was mounted sideways so no air could flow through it. Needless to say, the fans started ramping up shortly after powering it on.

On the plus side, $325 shipped for a 1u Supermicro with a E5-2620 v2 and 64GB Samsung RAM has left a smile on my face.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
LOL, he was using them like that?

I do that when there's no CPU and i'm keeping the HS/F with the board.

coolrunnings82

Mar 26, 2012
Some people really shouldn't be building their own computers. Here's my latest ebay acquisition. The air shroud was over the fans and heatsink but the heatsink was mounted sideways so no air could flow through it. Needless to say, the fans started ramping up shortly after powering it on.

On the plus side, $325 shipped for a 1u Supermicro with a E5-2620 v2 and 64GB Samsung RAM has left a smile on my face.

Nice deal! eBay?

JSchuricht

Apr 4, 2011
There were pics of the heatsink rotated in the ebay auction and of the system running. I can't help but think he was selling it off due to overheating or at least severe CPU throttling.

Should be a nice upgrade for the old dual E5420 while saving some power.

Reactions: T_Minus