[CN] Seeed studio reServer 4C/8T for $274.50

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

OstJoker

Dec 3, 2016
2 fake-name
Those people mostly compare solutions for their own tasks, not a Raspberry Pi vs Desktop x86 PC itself.
And I agree that this things are both "computers" but completely from different worlds.

Jek123

Apr 12, 2023
Sorry, I'm an arduino noob, but can I manipulate the arduino pins with x86 linux? Without raspberry pins
for example for a home heating trigger or hardware on\off another pc

pancake_riot

Nov 5, 2021
In for one! Thanks for sharing this.

For anyone running Frigate or looking to, this system can run a Coral TPU in one of the M.2 slots. Newer releases of Frigate also support the OpenVINO detectors which use the Intel iGPU if you can't get your hands on a Coral. I'm going to move my HomeAssistant and NVR containers over to this to take advantage of the 3.5" bays.

Reactions: richard.dzavoronok

abq

May 23, 2015
This looks very promising for firewall/ router/ wireless backup /hub combo device. Has anyone seen the LoRa and 5G LTE modules that work in this device? Strangely, the site mentions, but does not seem to list these modules.

fossxplorer

Mar 17, 2016
Oslo, Norway
Barebone config sold out.
I wonder how many were ordered due to this post.
Even with the ~$60 shipping and taxes/customs. I assume it's closer to $300 after taxes delivered here. it's worth it as it's a valuable low power system with some very good spec.
IMO, it's the next best low power system to HP t740 thanks to @WANg
What remains to see is the quality and firmware support which probably isn't like HP I guess.

WANg

Jun 10, 2018
New York, NY
Barebone config sold out.
I wonder how many were ordered due to this post.
Even with the ~$60 shipping and taxes/customs. I assume it's closer to $300 after taxes delivered here. it's worth it as it's a valuable low power system with some very good spec.
IMO, it's the next best low power system to HP t740 thanks to @WANg
What remains to see is the quality and firmware support which probably isn't like HP I guess.
Interesting little box - the i5-1125G4 is somewhere between the V1756B on my t740, and the Ryzen 3 Pro 4450U on my mt46 mobile thin client - it looks like dual DDR4 SODIMMs good for 64GB, it has dual i225s so it’s at least a proven Intel NIC (kinda wish they were i350s though). Was about to pull the trigger on it and was interrupted by some family nonsense, and by the time I recircled the stock were all gone. Not sure if I ducked a bullet there or not since shipping is 60+ and customs duties is yet unknown, I’ll have no idea how much more I’ll be on the hook for.

Oh well. We shall see.

sumalee

Jan 31, 2022
Ymmv but for me in Canada, the machine ended up being 313.33$ Cad incl. Shipping.

Plus 11$ import tax and 18$ DHL fees! They're getting so greedy...

Still, 350$ Cad for these specs and build is pretty good.

laxweasel

Oct 20, 2022
In for one after seeing it elsewhere.

The only other modern equivalent seems to be the Topton N1 which is available with a dual core or 6 core Ryzen mobile for double the price. Other than that maybe track down an EC200a?

TLN

Feb 26, 2016
missed the deal. Not sure if I want to get more expensive model

tingcrab

May 15, 2018
I'm surprised receiving it by today from the ordered that I placed on Thursday via DHL. Worth that $58 for International shipping.
It is i3-1125G4 regardless the link mistyped with 1115G4. Comes with 12V 5A power adapter (IEC 320 C5 clover ending) by Lite-On.

This Seeed reserver is a high quality build. HDD trays are in solid metal, as my first impression.Still haven't powered on yet while typing this.

• Wow
Reactions: richard.dzavoronok

fossxplorer

Mar 17, 2016
Oslo, Norway
Yeah, i got a notification that mine is out for delivery today. I ordered on Wednesday 07.06. That was fast shipping all the way from China to Oslo/Norway. Very impressed!
I mean our local postal services uses longer time to ship domestically :)