Clear Cmos on s2600cp board

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

AzeeeD

Sep 3, 2016
Green light, and cpu fans are slow now
Does he system speed up/down fans automatically now or the speed is fixed?

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
it will speed up. try out a few cpu benchmark programs like y cruncher. congrat ;).

now try putting it to sleep inside win10 and tell me what happen.

AzeeeD

Sep 3, 2016
I tried cpuz and performance test 9 and they give me accurate results, I tested the cpu only because I don't have gpu for moment.
I tried y cruncher but I stopped it after there is unusual smell after the processor go 100% for a little time and fans speed increased.
for sleep, I can't find it anywhere I go also to power settings and I can't find it.

This is screenshot from cpuz

AzeeeD

Sep 3, 2016
I found the source of the bad smell, I checked motherboard parts manually to detect hot ones, I found that a non-work gup in the x16 slot is very hot! I can't even touch it with my hand. I removed it now.

about sleep, I installed the driver, and I can see now the sleep option, but when I tried to sleep the motherboard turn off and I can't wakeup it from the keyboard or with moving the mouse (mouse and keyboard turned off there is no light).

I also checked the event log and I found some errors

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
just like mine. you can't wake it from mouse or keyboard. have to press the power button to wake it up.

But how did yours enter sleep? does it immediately power down when you select sleep? how long between the time selecting sleep and everything actually power down completely?

also, if you go into usb section inside the bios, how many sets of keyboard and mouse do you see?

i guess i should ve told you not to put anything gpu into that 16x slot. it might look like 16x good for a gpu but it's not designed to supply the wattage needed for gpu. look at the specs for the pcie slots in the manual. only the two blue slots with the clips are designed to handle gpu

Last edited:

AzeeeD

Sep 3, 2016
The computer enter to sleep within 1 or 2 sec then the motherboard totally off, I don't think this is not sleep maybe is a failure.

In the USB configuration, there is this "2 Keyboards, 2 Mice, 2 Hubs"

Have you any idea about "CATERR" and "BIOS Evt Sensor" events?

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
The computer enter to sleep within 1 or 2 sec then the motherboard totally off, I don't think this is not sleep maybe is a failure.

In the USB configuration, there is this "2 Keyboards, 2 Mice, 2 Hubs"

Have you any idea about "CATERR" and "BIOS Evt Sensor" events?
on my system, i have to disable allow wake from sleep for all keyboards and mice under device manager or else it does this weird thing where it would act like it's about to power down entering sleep but then power up again all with screen off but fans etc still going. it's only after about over 1 minute does everything truly power down and it really enter into sleep for good.

Why do you think it doesn't enter into sleep but is a failure? were you able to wake from sleep by pushing the power button? i think that the s2600cp2j has a quirky implementation of wake from sleep in that you cant wake from sleep by keyboard or mouse.

i found it was strange that there are 2 keyboard and mice when i really only have 1 kb and mouse connected. other people on here theorize that the extra set of kb and mouse is that of a phantom set being used by ipmi? maybe that's why you can't wake up using keyboard and mouse?

on my lenovo d30, there is no ipmi so there is only 1 set of kb and mouse reported

for the CATERR looks like it was generated by processor? maybe take out the cpu from cpu 2 slot and run with 1 cpu see if still get that error? then swap into the cpu1 the other processor and also see what happen?

RyC

Oct 17, 2013
I got CATERR a couple of times when I was setting up GPU passthrough in ESXi and restarted the VM. It causes a hard lockup of the board, which then should automatically restart. It might be related to your GPU problem. Bios Evt Sensor says exactly what it is - just a message to be expected when you power on the board.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
I got CATERR a couple of times when I was setting up GPU passthrough in ESXi and restarted the VM. It causes a hard lockup of the board, which then should automatically restart. It might be related to your GPU problem. Bios Evt Sensor says exactly what it is - just a message to be expected when you power on the board.
you have any trouble with VM and passthrough with more than 1 video cards? i heard that some people have problem when they have a 2nd card in the blue pcie slot closest to the cpu.

AzeeeD

Sep 3, 2016
on my system, i have to disable allow wake from sleep for all keyboards and mice under device manager or else it does this weird thing where it would act like it's about to power down entering sleep but then power up again all with screen off but fans etc still going. it's only after about over 1 minute does everything truly power down and it really enter into sleep for good.

Why do you think it doesn't enter into sleep but is a failure? were you able to wake from sleep by pushing the power button? i think that the s2600cp2j has a quirky implementation of wake from sleep in that you cant wake from sleep by keyboard or mouse.

i found it was strange that there are 2 keyboard and mice when i really only have 1 kb and mouse connected. other people on here theorize that the extra set of kb and mouse is that of a phantom set being used by ipmi? maybe that's why you can't wake up using keyboard and mouse?

on my lenovo d30, there is no ipmi so there is only 1 set of kb and mouse reported

for the CATERR looks like it was generated by processor? maybe take out the cpu from cpu 2 slot and run with 1 cpu see if still get that error? then swap into the cpu1 the other processor and also see what happen?

I think this is a failure because the computer turned off totally 1 or 2 sec after click on "Sleep". and when I try the "power on" from BMC (it's like if you pushing the power button) the computer tries to post then power off and post again and I go to windows but not from sleep, but like if I restarted the computer I lost all open folders ....

I don't know about ipmi can you explain please?

AzeeeD

Sep 3, 2016
I asked the support about that and they said that is good and now error on my log

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
go into device manager and uncheck allow wake up from sleep for all keyboards and mice. and try sleep again and see what happen

AzeeeD

Sep 3, 2016
The sleep problem is corrected now; the computer goes to sleep in less than 3sec and wakeup takes about 20sec or less.
About mouse and keyboard, I found 2 mice and 2 keyboards on device manager (maybe phantoms are enjoying playing GTA 5 on my computer hahaha)

Update about CATERR event:

I've contacted Intel support and they said CATERR is a very bad thing and I need to change the defective processor if that happened more times.
On other forums, I found that CATERR means "CATastrophic ERRor"
I will keep an eye on the event log for a week if this error appears another time I will ask for processor replacement

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
try running 1 cpu only and swap each cpu to run by itself from socket 1 to see if it's related to one of the cpu or both

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
I don't see any caterr in the bios log on my system. so that's def not normal. also once I am inside windows, I don't see any amber diagnostic led at all.

did you try to run only on 1 cpu and see which cpu it might be giving the caterr?

AzeeeD

Sep 3, 2016
Hello,

I'm sorry for this delay, I tested the computer for 3 days, I got CATERR event 1 time (Saturday) during restart after a fail in dedicated GPU caused by a software.
I try to restart computer many times, set it in sleep, wake up it garin and no CATERR event

AzeeeD

Sep 3, 2016
everything is good now.
-I have a question, I see that the chipset don't have any fans, there is any problem?