Cisco UCS C3160

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

jtaj

Jul 13, 2021
does anyone have this chassis/server in use? Tried googling and couldn't find anything, not even a review much less about the noise level.

wondering how loud it is for home use.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
It's not going to be quiet by any stretch. Generally not something one would consider for home use.

BoredSysadmin

Not affiliated with Maxell
Mar 2, 2019
I dabble quite a lot with UCS servers, but I've yet to see C3160 or similar in the wild.
For starters - you're aware it's 200-240 vAC and it won't work from a typical US home 120 vAC power?
you could find the rest of its specs here:

The specs say its operating noise level is 38 dBa which isn't much at all, BUT I am betting this is NOT with configuration with 60 running hard drives, so I agree with BlueFox, fully configured it would be fairly loud.

jtaj

Jul 13, 2021
I dabble quite a lot with UCS servers, but I've yet to see C3160 or similar in the wild.
For starters - you're aware it's 200-240 vAC and it won't work from a typical US home 120 vAC power?
you could find the rest of its specs here:

The specs say its operating noise level is 38 dBa which isn't much at all, BUT I am betting this is NOT with configuration with 60 running hard drives, so I agree with BlueFox, fully configured it would be fairly loud.
I found a few online mention its both 120 or 220, PSU supports both.but I do agree 38 dba doesn't really mean much and I'd not trust it, hence posting here looking for someone has had one.