Chromecast on a Corp Network

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Andrew911tt

Feb 18, 2016
Hello all, I wanted to find out if anyone is using a Chromecast on a corporate network?

Normally we want employee personal phones on the guest network, but that is one of the main sources people want to use. The other source are computers on the Corp network.

I wanted to get opinions from people if the chromecast should be on the corp network or the guest network and what firewall rules are used?

Thanks

Last edited:

legopc

Nov 2, 2014
The Netherlands
The company I work for has one customer with a guest and corp wifi with Chromecasts. Works without any real issues to be honest. The Chromecasts are connected to the corp network but you can also access them from the guest network. Been some time ago and was quite the pain in the ass but still works fine. If you want some details or help reply to me, Ill look up how I configured it. We use Fortigates by the way so your mileage may vary.

Andrew911tt

Feb 18, 2016
The company I work for has one customer with a guest and corp wifi with Chromecasts. Works without any real issues to be honest. The Chromecasts are connected to the corp network but you can also access them from the guest network. Been some time ago and was quite the pain in the ass but still works fine. If you want some details or help reply to me, Ill look up how I configured it. We use Fortigates by the way so your mileage may vary.
Legopc I would like a general overview of how it was done.

Thanks