Chinese X540-T2 on ebay is a counterfeit?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
So who's making these fakes? Surely nobody has the required equipment in their road side shack.

canta

Nov 26, 2014
So who's making these fakes? Surely nobody has the required equipment in their road side shack.
you can read the discussin on Neo comparison thread :D..

simple observation:
the pcboard is thin and the copper layer thickness is thin ( can be seen on through joined-holes).

britinpdx

Feb 8, 2013
Portland OR
the pcboard is thin and the copper layer thickness is thin ( can be seen on through joined-holes)
I'd be interested how can you determine that from a single photo ?

I presume that this is a multilayer construction, so what's the buildup of the official Intel board and the "fake" in terms of core/prepreg/Cu thickness ?

canta

Nov 26, 2014
I'd be interested how can you determine that from a single photo ?

I presume that this is a multilayer construction, so what's the buildup of the official Intel board and the "fake" in terms of core/prepreg/Cu thickness ?
my experience as software/hardware for my work

easy way is look on real Intel, and compare and look in detail your eyes
there are may ways to make multilayers PCB..
look on active components part numbers and the label (fake one is not good in labeling)..
and many you can find more when you are start dealing with components and working in hardware/sfotware related works