Checking Health Status - PCIe & U.2 SSD

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Chewren123

Nov 20, 2021
SG
A small business abruptly folded and owes me some money. I was pressurised (or maybe even hustled) to agreed to their suggestion to write off the debt, in return they gave me the some of the Nvme SSD U.2 (spares for their Gen10) and PCIe SSD (spares for Gen10 plus? which they bought about 6 months ago). Sadly, the money owed far exceed the price of SSD. I am considering to sell some of them in Ebay and keep some for my home-lab or give some away. Who needs so many SSD at home !!! I barely have 1TB of data.

Before selling, I need to check that the SSD are indeed working well. The SSD given to me are :
a. Intel DC P4500 (2TB) - about 20 pieces
b. Intel DC P4500 (4TB) - about 10 pieces
c. Samsung PM1725b PCIe (6.4TB) (HPE Model: MT006400KWSTD) - 6 pieces
d. Samsung PM1725b PCIe (3.2TB) (HPE Model: MT003200KWSTC) - 6 pieces

For the U.2 SSD, I bought a U.2-to-PCIe adapter as I don't have a HP server with U.2 backplane. I can see that all are detected on my desktop PC. But I need to evidence that it has at least a healthy status and plenty (preferrably 100%) of life left in them. I suspect that they had never been used, but I need real hard proof even thought the sticker says the manufacturer date is March 2021.

This may be my 1st post in STH, but I've been lurking here since 2010 anonymously. I hope that some kind soul can give me directions as to steps that I can do to check the health-status, particulary what software I can install on my PC to conduct those check these SSD.

Note : I cannot seem to locate any Samsung software that can detect the PM1725b. But it is clearly detected in Windows10 and in the Bios.

Any software that I can use on my DIY desktop to check the Health/Smart Status to recommend ?
What will be the fair amount to sell in Ebay. I tried searching, and it appears Ebay prices fluctuate widely, since there are mostly retailer selling these types of SSD.

Last edited:

arnbju

Mar 13, 2013
CrystalDiskInfo shows a overall health status, power on hours and other useful info. A lot of ebay sellers add a screenshot of CrystalDiskInfo when selling disks.