Cheap low power embedded board

Discussion in 'Processors and Motherboards' started by denywinarto, May 18, 2019.

1. denywinarto

denywinarto Member

Looking for cheap low power (<10w) embedded board, preferably intel, cause amd tends to have higher tdp.
    It will be used for 2 billing applications, email application and chat app 24/7

I've looked at supermicro but they're too expensive.
    Theres also this j1900 qotom board but i'm worried it might not be good enough for the tasks,
    i ran those apps on biostar j3060nh and it was a little sluggish, but still acceptable.

Was going to use it, but suddenly i get RTO pings (tested on another board and it didnt have this issue), bought it only like 6 months ago, not sure but probably the nic port is degrading..

Any thoughts? Industrial boards interests me, but i couldnt find any with small qty or good price.

2. Marsh

Marsh Moderator

3. denywinarto

denywinarto Member

4. Marsh

Marsh Moderator

It comes with a case and PS , may be even RAM.

Case could hold 4-6 SSD

5. denywinarto

denywinarto Member

I intend to hook it up with custom ups, and during blackout i want it to last as long as possible, so i'd like to keep the wattage as minimum as possible.
    Apollo / braswell or even gemini lake have ideal wattage- performance ratio that i need,
    but i havent found any industrial boards of these type on sale yet..

6. Marsh

Marsh Moderator

7. Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

Even the i5/i7 Intel NUC’s idle less than 10w, would that be the easiest option ? They also have 4-core atom options but the idle is similar to the core systems of course maximum is less on the atom based systems.
    If you want fanless can go into a fanless case.

Pricy but I like either the embedded fanless atom systems or the compulab Fit-PC’s

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  8. denywinarto

denywinarto Member

Yeah i ended up getting j3060 NUC, their 3 year replacement warranty sold it for me, considered qotom before but only has 1 year warranty.
    thanks guys

Marsh likes this.