Cheap and decent 4k monitor

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

voodoo3d

Jul 9, 2018
There.was a post of HDR 4K tv as monitor..forgot the model.. but that one looks like a better deal

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
4k tv have ro make sure it does chroma 4:4; 4 at 4k 60hZ.. there are not many 4k tv that will work correctly as monitor

Reactions: voodoo3d

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Still liking this monitor alot, still messing with fonts but I would have to do that with any 4K monitor this size.

Looks wonderful, very bright rich colors, black IS black.

NO dead pixels.

I'm very nearsighted and do not need glasses while using a computer but that makes me very sensitive to pixel size, I hate to see the individual pixels and with this monitor I have to get close and strain to see them.

Downloaded the latest version of Kerbal Space Program for Linux and run it in a window at 2560 x 1600, it runs very smoothly.

I am using the default AMDGPU video driver that was installed when I installed Ubuntu 18.04.1 and have excellent performance, the video card is a RX 580 8 GB.

I have downloaded the AMDGPU-PRO driver but have not installed it yet because the AMDGPU is working great so far.

So far VERY pleased with this spur of the moment purchase.

Also I just realized I have not touched a single setting on the monitor at all.

For me its perfect, cheap 4k, no dead pixels, vibrant colors.

Last edited:

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
But 1080 that size is horrible ! (For me)
The text size on the default 2560x1440 on 27” to be is perfect. The problem is with 4K on screen that does it’s too small or big.
Best solution seems to be 5k @ 27” but that’s more or less Apple only proposition right now and lots of things can’t drive it but it really is a nice combination.

Yep 1440p is nice and I loved the cheap Korean Ebay monitor that I bought about 5 years ago, it had a Samsung panel that was great but the rest was not so great.....it wobbled at bit and the case had a real cheap feel to it.

It was a little over $300 shipped from Korea, the board crapped out and I could not find a replacement and have been using a 1080p monitor for months.

Everything scaled perfectly in 1440p.

I'm very nearsighted and prefer smaller fonts so I have the font sizes just about where they need to be with this 4k unit.

All in all this 4k monitor is much nicer in quality than the 1440p one was.