Chassis for X570D4U that work with ASRock BMC

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Harmony

Oct 6, 2022
After my Ryzen 5950X overheading I am now looking for a new chassis to house my ASRock Rack X570D4U. I've tried Supermicro but Supermicro PMBus not being supported by ASRock BMC sensor readings are not working.

Ideally it would be a 2U, 1U can work if it supports 2x PCIe cards & 2x 2.5" SSD

Newegg has a bunch of new versions but I want to buy second hand, prices are too much.

NablaSquaredG

Layer 1 Magician
Aug 17, 2020
tried Supermicro but Supermicro PMBus not being supported by ASRock BMC sensor readings are not working.
Contact ASRock, they will send you a sheet where you fill in information about the PSUs so they can make it work

Harmony

Oct 6, 2022
Contact ASRock, they will send you a sheet where you fill in information about the PSUs so they can make it work
Ok thank you will try, but what exactly should I be asking them? Just what I posted above about Supermicro PMBus not being supported by your BMC sensors?

Harmony

Oct 6, 2022
yes exactly
They replied with

Sorry I’m afarid this is not possible.

Because supermicro psu has their unique address & design.

And we can’t get the data from them (It is classified data)

we can read other brand PSU info in IPMI like: ACbel, Delta, FSP etc.

Maybe you can try to use the PSU brand in above list ?
But it's not just the PSU information not showing up and are any of those compatible with Supermicro 826 default chassis layout? I don't want to swap electronics out I will end up frying something :)