CEPH Install work instruction (Kraken release)

Discussion in 'Guides' started by whitey, Feb 15, 2017.

1. whitey

whitey Moderator

I just realized I rather obscurely posted in another thread a guide I whipped out last week that took me a few hours to test/validate that covers the 'vanilla/from scrath' install of CEPH Kraken (latest stable release) on CentOS7. Figured for prosperity sake I'd post it here to the greater community.

My setup if for a AIO config using all VM's but the OSD nodes have a HBA passed thru w/in vSphere w/ SSD's hanging off them. Modify to a phys env/all VM w/ vdisks to get started/play/learn to your hearts content.

ENJOY!

EDIT, somehow one section got cut off on the verbage in my6 word to pdf export (POS M$ word)

Should read (to right of Step 1)

1 vCPU, 2GB memory, 20 gb vdisks (OSD vdisks on ESXi local datastore per hypervisor host), 1 vnic for ceph-admin, mon01, and cephgw on primary vlan, 2 vnics for osd01-osd03 on primary and replication vlans

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  2. Patrick

Patrick Administrator
    Staff Member

Should this be main site?

3. whitey

whitey Moderator

I was on the edge debating the same thing. Figured I'd let you drive that discussion. PM me if you want to have me clean/edit anything up and post there, give me the nickle/dime tour.

I've certainly got more background/test data on performance/use cases and observations thus far I'd like to cover/share if the opportunity permits.

4. Hrast

Hrast New Member

I have some experience/data on Jewel using it as a pure object store if it would be helpful to others....

nthu9280 and Patrick like this.