1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CEPH Install work instruction (Kraken release)

Discussion in 'Guides' started by whitey, Feb 15, 2017 at 8:51 PM.

1. whitey

whitey Moderator

I just realized I rather obscurely posted in another thread a guide I whipped out last week that took me a few hours to test/validate that covers the 'vanilla/from scrath' install of CEPH Kraken (latest stable release) on CentOS7. Figured for prosperity sake I'd post it here to the greater community.

My setup if for a AIO config using all VM's but the OSD nodes have a HBA passed thru w/in vSphere w/ SSD's hanging off them. Modify to a phys env/all VM w/ vdisks to get started/play/learn to your hearts content.

ENJOY!

EDIT, somehow one section got cut off on the verbage in my6 word to pdf export (POS M$ word)

Should read (to right of Step 1)

1 vCPU, 2GB memory, 20 gb vdisks (OSD vdisks on ESXi local datastore per hypervisor host), 1 vnic for ceph-admin, mon01, and cephgw on primary vlan, 2 vnics for osd01-osd03 on primary and replication vlans

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017 at 9:07 PM
    Emulsifide and Patrick like this.
  2. Patrick

Patrick Administrator
    Staff Member

Should this be main site?

3. whitey

whitey Moderator

I was on the edge debating the same thing. Figured I'd let you drive that discussion. PM me if you want to have me clean/edit anything up and post there, give me the nickle/dime tour.

I've certainly got more background/test data on performance/use cases and observations thus far I'd like to cover/share if the opportunity permits.