Hi folks, there is probably a very simple fix that I am unaware of but I can't get my new H11 Supermicro Epyc board with 7402p CPU to work with any SAS drives. This is what I've done so far:
- Plugged in a single Hitachi 12Gbps SSD to the built in LSI 3008 SAS controller. No go, the bios shows the controller but not the drive.
- Swapped SAS cables, no change, also swapped ports on the motherboard, no change.
- Swapped drives, no change
- Plugged in a spare LSI 3008 add in card, plugged the Hitachi drive into it, the Avago BIOS shows both LSI 3008 controllers but not the drive.
- Plugged the spare add in card into my test bench with the same cable/drive, everything works as expected, drive shows up in the BIOS and in windows.