Can't flash LSI00138 to IT mode

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

spunkymaid

Apr 6, 2018
Hi,

I have been trying to flash my LSI00138 (has 1068E chipset) to IT mode with no success. I have tried to run five or six different versions of the sas2flsh utility on three separate computers and two operating systems (FreeDOS and the UEFI shell).

I have been trying to follow this guide. On my two non-UEFI motherboards, I get either "No LSI SAS adapters found" or "Error initializing PAL". I tried following SOLVED - IBM ServeRaid M1015 and "No LSI SAS adapters found!" on the setup that didn't give me the PAL error, but megarec doesn't see my card either (even though Linux sees it, and it runs a configuration program in the BIOS on startup). On my UEFI motherboard, FreeDOS gives me the PAL error and megarec can't find my adapter, while in the UEFI shell the .efi flasher just tell me that they can't find any raid controllers, and of course megarec doesn't work in it at all (it doesn't have an EFI version that I'm aware of).

What do? Apologies if this has already been asked somewhere, I couldn't find it with search.

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
That's 1st gen card so you need to use SASFLSH.
Hope you didn't get this card at the linked price. Used 3gbps cards can be had for $10 or less.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: spunkymaid