Cactus' For Sale

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smalldog

Mar 18, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I *think* that LSI will give you brackets for free, just pay for the shipping.

I called their support, and they person I spoke with said to e-mail them what I was looking for. I received a reply a few days later asking to either issue a call tag for pickup or give them my shipper account number and they would get them out.

I sent my FedEx shipper account number on Monday, and have not heard anything back as of yet. If I do not get them by next week, I'll follow up with them.

I requested 6 low profile brackets for the LSI 9280-8e RAID controllers. I have some friends in the metal fabrication business. I was thinking about possibly seeing if they would make some up for me. With the outrageous prices for just plain brackets without the punchout for the external SAS connector on eBay, it might be be worth it to have some made and sell them on eBay.

Alternatively, you could buy a low profile bracket on eBay like this one and cut as needed.

Smalldog

RimBlock

Sep 18, 2011
Singapore
I Have been cutting down full size to LP brackets on some Dell H200e and LSI 9200-8e cards. It is pretty easy to do when you work out the rough sizing. A Dremel with metal cutting discs works quite well.

Of course you can't go back to full size after though :D.

RB

Smalldog

Mar 18, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Just a followup to the quest for LSI low profile brackets.

I order a few of these to see how the would work. I believe the dimensions are correct for the card.

Low profile cards with dual external mini-SAS connectors ($1.62 @ Mouser):

Cat No 9231-1 For Low Profile Use

Low profile cards without any external connectors ($2.39 @ Mouser):

Cat No 9231 For Low Profile Use

And they give free samples!

I hope this can help someone. I will post another followup when the brackets arrive, which should be Wednesday (8/7).

Smalldog

Status
Not open for further replies.