Cache Vault module Size...

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Falloutboy

Oct 23, 2011
I have a 9361-8i 1GB with Cachevault and BBU and also a 9361-8i with 2GB Cache I tried using the Cachevault from the 1GB card with the 2GB card only to find it wouldn't work - yeah I couldn't just luck out and get a 2GB or bigger one :) but here in lies the crux of the problem.

I know that there are cache vault modules available in 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB and possibly even larger but I don't know how to tell from what is being advertised everywhere what size the cachevault is that I am looking at - some people just simply don't advertise that information so all I can do is assume it is the 1GB version and move on.

Can anyone tell me how to differentiate between them? all I can tell you is that my 1GB unit is marked
MR LSICVM02 03-25444 05C.
I looked at the Broadcom site and found that they mentioned LSICVM02 in 1GB or 2GB in one of their brochures but it didn't tell me how to tell the difference.

Additionally if you have a larger Cachevault than you need I.E a 4GB cachevault on a 1GB card will this still result in a Cachevault size mismatch error - or does this only happen if the cachevault size is smaller than the onboard cache on the card... If this is Flash ram and not battery backed up ram then I assume also that a 4GB version of the card will have a much greater life span on a 1GB raid controller.