C6100 PDB & FCB version questions

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Chiron

Feb 21, 2014
Dayton, OH
Hello everyone, I've mainly been a lurker and only posted once or twice. But I'm now in a bit of a spot. I originally bought a 2 server, single psu c6100. Recently I got two more nodes to fill out the case and knew I needed to buy the extra psu and boards.
I bought a pair of pdb's with the bridge card and an extra pdb->fcb power cable as well as the little 7 pin cable that goes between them as well. Only I should have checked first, since I didn't know there were two versions.

In the chassis, I have a FCB with the 8 pin power connectors and a matching PDB on the bottom of the case (1st power board). The FCB has 5 fan connectors.

I bought a psu, a matched pair of power boards (only way I could get the little bridge card), another power cable and one of the little cd-audio like cables between the 2nd power board and the FCB. The PDBs have 10 pin power connectors instead of 8 pins and the little cable cable between the FCB and the PDB (for power button press I think) is a different number of pins.

Should I buy a different FCB and use the two PDB's I have or should I buy another PDB with the 8 pin power connector instead of the 10 pin? Is one version better than another? Are the fan connectors different between the two versions of the FCB? What would you guys recommend and do y'all know of anyone that wants to sell or trade some parts?

I can provide pictures if needed.