C1100/CS24-TY afudos

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

upgrayedd

Oct 1, 2015
I have some CS24-TYs with old bioses that I'm trying to update. One is only a few revisions old, two are very outdated and don't have microcode to handle xeon 56xx cpus. I've read several posts suggesting they were able to update their boards having the same bios as mine successfully with AFUDOS. I have obtained 3 different versions of AFUDOS and all of them say 'Flash part is not supported' when I try to back up the bios with /O or force-flash the new one with /X. Can someone with success tell me where they got their copy of AFUDOS, what version it is, and/or an md5?

Thanks

upgrayedd

Oct 1, 2015
for the record, i made some mistake in testing 1 of the 2 outdated systems. for some reason i went to try again and it worked to both back up the bios and load the new one with the AFUDOS that comes with the B23 bios from dell (a modified 4.27 I think). it went from 3A14 to 3B23 without issue and then took the X5670s that had previously not booted. no BMC update attempted this time.

the other box still refuses to dump the bios or update and i've now tried more than 10 different versions of AFUDOS. when i unrack it next i will look around for bios chips and markings to see if there is some apparent difference with that board.