Built in smb group administrators gone.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

fornax

Feb 5, 2013
First off, thanks in advance for any help you might be able to throw my way. I am very much a newb when it comes to all this so please bear with me.

I recently setup an OI and Napp-it box and it's been running for a few weeks now. I was attempting to configure some of the acl settings inside of napp-it on my shares and in the midst of doing so I managed to somehow bork the built in smb administrators group because it no longer appears.

From the napp-it 'User' section the only two that appear are 'backup operators' and 'power users'. From this same screen I get the message "failed to find An error occurred while retrieving group data."

This is confirmed by running:
# smbadm show -mp

From the napp-it log:

Feb 5 22:54:34 openindiana smbadm[8729]: [ID 136767 user.error] smb_lgrp_getsid: failed to get a SID for user id=105 (-9977)
Feb 5 22:54:34 openindiana smbadm[8729]: [ID 817528 user.error] smb_lgrp_iterate: cannot obtain a SID

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated - if more information is needed I will do my best to supply it.

fornax

Feb 5, 2013
Thanks for the reply gea, being the newb that I am I hadn't created any snapshots myself. The only boot environment snaps I see are my OI install and a backup of that, then I see one titled 'pre_napp-it0.9a5' and lastly the 'napp-it-0.9a5' which is the currently used environment.

With that being said I'm not exactly sure how and which environment I should go back to. I would assume the 'pre_nappp-it-0.9a5' snap and from there I would have to install napp-it and somehow import my pools from the previous install?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
Thanks for the reply gea, being the newb that I am I hadn't created any snapshots myself. The only boot environment snaps I see are my OI install and a backup of that, then I see one titled 'pre_napp-it0.9a5' and lastly the 'napp-it-0.9a5' which is the currently used environment.

With that being said I'm not exactly sure how and which environment I should go back to. I would assume the 'pre_nappp-it-0.9a5' snap and from there I would have to install napp-it and somehow import my pools from the previous install?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
Then you should activate the pre_napp-it be and reboot
then reinstall napp-it via wget reboot
reset root pw

btw
what OI-version are you using?

fornax

Feb 5, 2013
Thanks again gea, I'm running oi_151a7. Once I've reinstalled napp-it will it recognize my previous pools or will there be some sort of import process? Sorry if this is obvious...

fornax

Feb 5, 2013
Let me refine that question a little, being new to solaris/oi I'm a little confused as to the exact process.

-Will I use the 'luactivate' command and if so will I synchronize the files as well?

- Or should I use the fast reboot to an alternate BE? '# reboot -f -e alternate-be-name'

Sorry if this is common knowledge, I appreciate your time.

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
Thanks again gea, I'm running oi_151a7. Once I've reinstalled napp-it will it recognize my previous pools or will there be some sort of import process? Sorry if this is obvious...
If you had created your pool prior that be-state, it will be there,
otherwise you need to do a pool - import