Brocade RPS16-E 1000W PoE power supply for ICX7450/6610 - Rev "C"

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Spearfoot

Apr 22, 2015
Just purchased two of these quieter -- and therefore highly desirable -- "Rev C" power supplies for my ICX-6610. These are the "Front to Rear" airflow versions.

I'd messaged the seller last week to verify they were indeed the "Rev C" versions, and he replied: "How many of the Rev C were you looking for? I just looked at the first 5 and 4 of them were Rev C. I have around 40pcs that I can check through that are in the switches."

So I recommend sending him a message requesting the "Rev C" version before purchasing -- that's what I did.

itronin

Nov 24, 2018
Denver, Colorado
best place to look is the mega thread. that said:

I have one rev c and a few rev b's and some rev a's.

my experience:

all three of my 6610's are 48P with working POE.

the a's single or dual are LOUD
the b's single are less loud than single a or dual a's
the b's dual are much less loud than dual a's
I only have one c. I could not note a discernable difference between a single b and a single c.
1 b and 1 c sound the same to me as 2 b's.

I also have dual fans in my 6610's. I run with dual b's in my always up switch. the other two have a tendency to crash after 5-12 days of being in use so I don't run them all the time.

A switch with dual b's in the next room does not bother me. One with dual A's does and I can hear it on the first floor (its in the basement).

this IMO is super subjective. YMMV - there are a number of posts about audio level in the mega thread.

I think this boils down to what you want to spend and how it makes you feel (wallet and ears).

me. dual b's are fine.

fwiw, I paid $49.00 each for two of my B's and I paid $79 for another B.
Of the 6610's I purchased:

One 6610 had an A and a C
two 6610 had a B and an a

Spearfoot

Apr 22, 2015
best place to look is the mega thread. that said:

I have one rev c and a few rev b's and some rev a's.

my experience:

all three of my 6610's are 48P with working POE.

the a's single or dual are LOUD
the b's single are less loud than single a or dual a's
the b's dual are much less loud than dual a's
I only have one c. I could not note a discernable difference between a single b and a single c.
1 b and 1 c sound the same to me as 2 b's.

I also have dual fans in my 6610's. I run with dual b's in my always up switch. the other two have a tendency to crash after 5-12 days of being in use so I don't run them all the time.

A switch with dual b's in the next room does not bother me. One with dual A's does and I can hear it on the first floor (its in the basement).

this IMO is super subjective. YMMV - there are a number of posts about audio level in the mega thread.

I think this boils down to what you want to spend and how it makes you feel (wallet and ears).

me. dual b's are fine.

fwiw, I paid $49.00 each for two of my B's and I paid $79 for another B.
Of the 6610's I purchased:

One 6610 had an A and a C
two 6610 had a B and an a
I purchased two ICX-6610's on flea-bay for $140: with $20 shipping and state sales tax, they cost me $175 each. Both came with a pair of 'A' PSUs. I only use one switch -- the other is a spare.

Noise isn't a primary concern to me because my home lab is out in my shop. But I do go out there to tinker occasionally, so I don't mind spending some dough to quiet things down. I plan to sell a pair of the 'A' PSUs to try and recoup some of the cost of upgrading to the 'C' models.

blinkenlights

May 24, 2019
Just purchased two of these quieter -- and therefore highly desirable -- "Rev C" power supplies for my ICX-6610. These are the "Front to Rear" airflow versions.
Good find. I have two 250W RPS15-I "Rev C" power supplies in my 7450-24, plus one cold spare. Just FYI, @fohdeesha originally said the "Rev C" power supplies were far quieter, but later said the biggest noise difference was due to airflow direction. The slower-spinning exhaust (-E) versions are quieter than the intake (-I) versions, as I verified myself about a month ago using two 250W RPS15-E power supplies.

Spearfoot

Apr 22, 2015
Good find. I have two 250W RPS15-I "Rev C" power supplies in my 7450-24, plus one cold spare. Just FYI, @fohdeesha originally said the "Rev C" power supplies were far quieter, but later said the biggest noise difference was due to airflow direction. The slower-spinning exhaust (-E) versions are quieter than the intake (-I) versions, as I verified myself about a month ago using two 250W RPS15-E power supplies.
Ha, I can hardly tell any difference between the 'A' and 'C' PSUs. Oh, well -- at least they're the latest'n'greatest!

safado

Aug 21, 2020
Thanks OP—I ordered one and went from an A-B combo to a B-C combo and the difference is noticeable. Not OMG extreme but definitely noticeable.