brocade icx6610 QSFP 40gbit ports not working

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

soccrstar

Jul 12, 2020
hello,

I'm test driving the brocade ICX6610. I was looking at the Mikrotik CRS326+24s+2qm+rm but stumbled upon this thread and work happen to have 1 left so I decided to take a peak at it before deciding to buy it. figure I'd save a few coins If I can get this working.

took few cables but managed to console in (first time doing so ever in any switch and new to enterprise gear).

I followed the guide and have the latest april 2020 primary firmware installed. the guide didn't have anything for secondary? anyrate the SFP ports work, able to ping out, use web ui and browse internet on rj45 with only thing connecting to the ccr2004 router is 2x sfp cables. I borrowed the switch and took it home so I can try before I buy it. everything works except for the QSP ports. I have a connectx-2 dual port and tried to no avail to have a link, even in console plugging and unplugging sftp ports registers in console but nothing for QSP port.

I took it back to work where there's plenty of non production switches available to play with and I have one QSP port connected to a IS5030 and another to an SX6025 and neither lit and linked. connecting a QSP DAC direct between the sx6025 and IS5030 works so seems to be an issue with the QSP ports on the brocade. I don't have a QSP+ to SFP+ breakout cable to test the other ports but I assume its the same issue.

I feel like they may not be turned on or in stack mode and not ethernet (if thats a thing).

any help appreciated

soccrstar

Jul 12, 2020
did you follow ICX6610 Stack Ports - Fohdeesha Docs and are also sure you're plugging into the non-breakout ports?
I actually did not do that and somehow missed that.

I did finish doing it wrote to memory and reloaded switch to same issue

yes I'm sure I'm not plugged into the breakout ports. heck I even had all 4 ports connected (curiousity) and nothing.

I have 1 to the is5030 and other to sx6025.

I'm going to order new cables and see if that helps. Only thing that can be the issue after fixing the stacking config. could be QSFP cables and not QSFP+ cables unless there's no difference (again new at this stuff). used cables laying around here. both mellanox switches work with them. either way I'll order new cables and see if that works.

thanks for the reply!

Code:
icx6610>show run
Current configuration:
!
ver 08.0.30uT7f3
!
stack unit 1
  module 1 icx6610-24-port-management-module
  module 2 icx6610-qsfp-10-port-160g-module
  module 3 icx6610-8-port-10g-dual-mode-module
!

fohdeesha

Kaini Industries
Nov 20, 2016
fohdeesha.com
Why are the front ports trapped at 1gb? As my thread says at the very top, all you have to do for licenses is pm me