Brocade ICX6610-48P-E < $100

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

NachoCDN

Apr 18, 2016
i just plugged in the one i ordered two weeks ago.. no more.. my wallet can't take it!! :D :eek:

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
They rate C2 to C9 with 2 being worst and put this as a C3.

Suprised they are not cheaper (and being sold at all) with that bad a cosmetic/wear rating.
Bent ports like listing say you can expect tends to be a hard nono for sale.

Last edited:

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
Im always amazed how extreme the variations are.

How one seller puts "light damage" because both ears are bent.
Then next sellers "light damage" can look like they just pulled all the cables out by attaching them to a forklift and driving away, before throwing it out a third floor window and packing it in the parking lot (ofc with a massive sticker slapped on across ports).

msg7086

May 2, 2017
I've seen a 6610 with front 10G cages being tortured and squeezed badly, with the seller describing as "slightly damaged".

• Haha
Reactions: mach3.2

tozmo

Feb 1, 2017
My 32z was listed as such, the 2.5gbe ports were so bent they don't work. Everything else does and they didn't want it back so they gave it to me for free. So 24p, 4x10gbe, 2x40gbe for free!

Terry Kennedy

Jun 25, 2015
New York City
www.glaver.org
right? like how lazy can you be during a decomm lol, half the time I wonder if they were decommissioned using a steamroller
Back when they were still worth real money, a number of sellers had badly-smashed Cisco ASR1001's for a few hundred dollars and up, depending on the extent of the damage. I was buying the worst of them (SFP ports ripped out, power supplies completely destroyed, etc.) and fixing them up. Of course, once word got out that someone was willing to buy these, the price went up. The SFP sockets and shells needed to be replaced and a few also needed to have traces repaired.

I asked one of the more cooperative sellers about this and he described it as "an unfortunate forklift accident" at a major telco/ISP - something on the order of a stack of 40 of these went flying.

Undamaged connector on the right, replaced connector on the left:

zunder1990

Nov 15, 2012
My 32z was listed as such, the 2.5gbe ports were so bent they don't work. Everything else does and they didn't want it back so they gave it to me for free. So 24p, 4x10gbe, 2x40gbe for free!
I am curious what switch this is, what is the full model of the switch you are talking about?

tozmo

Feb 1, 2017
I would guess it's the Brocade ICX 7450-32ZP
Yes, this one. It was a really cheap listing. The seller was an e-recycler. I asked if there were any problems, and if they could test it before buying. They replied they couldn't test it and offered free return if it didn't work. The 2.5g area in pictures showed a few bent cages (at least the frame) which made me suspicious.

Turns out the 2.5 ports didn't work, and it only came with one fan so the switch would go through boot loops. I offered to send it back and they just comped me instead.

I've since modded the fan setup inline with fohdeesha's thread. I've tried hammering the 2.5 area back Into shape, but it didn't work.