Broadcom HBA Drivers Requires Password to Extract Zip File

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

pixelBit

Jul 16, 2019
I'm trying to download the latest 9400-8i drivers for Windows at Broadcom's website, but the zip file (within the zip) requires a password. Furthermore, the previous releases require a password to extract the files, too. The Linux files are not password protected and the MegaRAID equivalent isn't password protected.

The file in question is: ItSas35_Windows10_Windows_Server_2016_2019_P16

What's going on?

Whaaat

Jan 31, 2020
What's going on?
LOL, there is a file "important.txt" that you obviously didn't read:
Important Message to Customers applying updated MSFT Drivers:

As part of 7.12 and Phase 13 as well as future releases, the MegaRAID (MegaSas35.sys) and HBA (ItSas35.sys) drivers for Windows 10 and Windows Server have activated Microsoft security fixes.
Users deploying these drivers need to have reviewed KB4482887 before driver upgrade/installation.
If driver upgrade/installation is performed without correct OS patch level, system crash may be experienced.
Once you have verified your OS is properly updated, the password for the ItSas35_Windows10_Windows_Server_2016_2019_P15.zip file is: “I have read and understand the attached txt file.”

Reactions: i386

pixelBit

Jul 16, 2019
LOL, there is a file "important.txt" that you obviously didn't read:
Thanks for the RTFM!

Technically you are correct. Actually, I thought I used Notepad++ and did a search for the word "password", but I looks like I ran the search on another file: README_9400_8i_Pkg_P16_SAS_SATA_NVMe_FW_BIOS_UEFI.txt

Thanks again.