Board recommendation

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Silvio

Mar 20, 2017
Hi all,

I spent quite some time trying to find options to fit my need but I can't find a match. I built a 2xE5-2660v1 system on top of a C8220 motherboard, worked fine but it would not fit any case and I dismantled it. I wanted to build the server again with all the parts I already have, namely: 2 x Arctic Cooling Freezer i32 (CPU coolers, really pleased with them), 2 x E5-2660v1, 16x8G DDR3 RAM, an EVGA ATX 850W power supply and 2 WD Blue SSD. So, I'm only missing a motherboard and a case.

This is where it goes downhill: The motherboards that fit in a case (e.g. EATX) have narrow ILMs mounts for coolers (e.g. X9DR not "+", some strange MBs like Inventec B800G). The square ones doesn't fit a case (X9DR "+" is EEATX), too expensive (X9DA is over 400 USD) or both (S2600cp2 is EEB and around 300 USD).

So, dear (not so) lazy web: Is there a reasonable solution to that? I still have the C8220 motherboard, if there is a case that fits it for a reasonable price, it would be work as well.