BliKVM v4 (Another new PiKVM variant from Bli)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

newabc

Jan 20, 2019
The BliKVM has an allwinner h616 soc based variant. Its hdmi capturing chip was changed to MS2131 comparing to the v1, v2 and v3 variant.
Documents of BliKVM(v1, v2, v3 and v4):
Aliexpress Bli official store link:

My comparison based on the price differences: v4 has SoC and its board, v1, v2 and v3 have no CM4 module or RPi 4B board.
I think the design of v4 makes it easier to organize cables and apply to rack or install to an office.

video:
github: GitHub - ThomasVon2021/blikvm: Open and cost-effective "KVM over IP". BliKVM comes in 3 different models, BliKVM PCIe, BliKVM HAT and BliKVM CM4, all based on Raspberry Pi.

@Patrick
@geerlingguy

Last edited:
Reactions: e97

newabc

Jan 20, 2019
Another interesting thing, a rumor said orange pi compute module 4 (not raspberry pi cm4) is compatible with rpi cm4's socket. If this rumor is true, the cost of building a BliKVM v1(rpi cm4 socket) will be lower.

mephisto

Nov 6, 2013
London
I've purchased one to try. The process of creating adding an ISO to boot from is a PAIN to say the least, it takes 30 minutes between uploading a W11 iso, and then it needs to "convert" it after the upload, and create a partition. And it does not work to boot windows with secure boot, it changes the installation media.

Some bits of the GUI are in chinese as well even when English is selected

So far, I'm not impressed, and feeling like I wasted $200

Last edited:

jfarlik

Apr 9, 2024
I've purchased one to try. The process of creating adding an ISO to boot from is a PAIN to say the least, it takes 30 minutes between uploading a W11 iso, and then it needs to "convert" it after the upload, and create a partition. And it does not work to boot windows with secure boot, it changes the installation media.

Some bits of the GUI are in chinese as well even when English is selected

So far, I'm not impressed, and feeling like I wasted $200
I had the same feeling off the bat, in addition to the UI issues I also hate that it can't run SSL or run through a reverse proxy because of hard coded http requests. I got mine about a week ago and have been working on converting it to run pikvm since. Making some progress, the actual KVM part is working perfectly. I haven't gotten the ATX within the webgui to work yet, but do have a bash script I can run to push the ATX power button. Depending on your comfort level with linux its not too difficult. Next steps will be to get the USB mounting working.