Biren BR100 GPU for Datacenter Compute and AI Workloads

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
What the article doesn't mention is Biren is based out of China.
I think the fact that not all of the slides are fully translated makes that pretty clear.

Also, see the question I asked and response. It is amazing that they went from scratch to a working GPU compute package in <3 years. Think of how long it takes NVIDIA, AMD, and Intel to do the same with more resources, existing software frameworks, and years of IP development.

BoredSysadmin

Not affiliated with Maxell
Mar 2, 2019
I think the fact that not all of the slides are fully translated makes that pretty clear.

Also, see the question I asked and response. It is amazing that they went from scratch to a working GPU compute package in <3 years. Think of how long it takes NVIDIA, AMD, and Intel to do the same with more resources, existing software frameworks, and years of IP development.
a GPU complete design that could push back on Nvidia's best is no small feat, but doing it in 3 short years seems an unrealistically short timeframe. I don't have any proof, but they likely didn't start from scratch and used some existing IP as a base.
Another option is seeing another "BitBoys" style product.