Beware of myus (freight forwarder)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

NablaSquaredG

Layer 1 Magician
Aug 17, 2020
Hey folks,

Some words of warning if you're planning on forwarding stuff from the USA to somewhere else in the world using myus:

1. Expect that your items will get damaged during transport.
MyUS is extremely bad at packing electronics. According to their support, they do not have any bubble wrap, etc. They exclusively use packing paper.

I recommend checking the option "ship in original boxes", as it usually prevents the worst and giving special instructions / booking the "collectible or fragile item" option, as it makes getting refunds easier.

Be aware that refunds for damaged items will only be done as credit on your account, not issues to your credit card!

Make sure to book insurance (3.5$ of item value, rounded up to full $100), otherwise you'll not get any refunds for damages.

2. Expect to be billed more than agreed
It can very well happen that you will be shown and charged amount X when you ship something, but later they will make a second booking on your credit card because they messed up weighing the packages before.
As an example, they recently billed 50% more in shipping costs (about $140) without asking me first (103lbs billed instead of 90lbs that were agreed) and now I'm discussing how unacceptable this is with their support.

3. Expect having to provide invoices, even for ebay stuff
For shipping to Germany at least, they require an invoice for everything. For me, they would not accept ebay screenshots or credit card statements, so you have to make fake invoices from a Word template if you want to have your stuff shipped

4. Expect their UK facility to lose your packages
Their UK facility is REALLY bad. They lost a package with two motherboards and I only got a refund. Support said, I quote, We are doing what we can to try to resolve the issues and scale the location to prevent further issues, but if this is a serious concern for you I would simply advise not shipping to our UK facility for approximately 3-6 months while the facility works through these issues.

If you can live with all of this stuff, have fun :)