Okay, many thanks are in order here.
- @mpogr for the initial guide and inducing me to lighten my wallet a few hundred bucks
- @nbritton for details on transferring and running the manufacture script
- @nasbdh9 for the shortened version path
- @SGS for conversion tips and tricks
- Fast path:
manufacture.sh -a -m ppc -f /path/to/imagethen MLNX-OS image fetch/install the shortened version upgrade path
_shellcommand can be activated in 3.4.x with a special license
- You don't need to add a new user to keep shell access, just set a password on the existing root user who already has /bin/bash as their shell:
mddbreq /config/db/initial set modify - /auth/passwd/user/root/password string '$1$.......'
- Figure 11 from the OCP version of this switch is surprisingly useful for I2C addresses
- A raspberry pi connected to the main I2C header (the one you have to unplug the jumper from) can see more interesting things by adding the I2C mux:
echo pca9548 0x70 > /sys/bus/i2c/devices/i2c-1/new_device
- Vanilla 3.6.8012 running happily means I finally don't have to listen to those fans at 100%
My wife is pretty happy about quiet fans too