Best Intel Server class CPU with iGPU/Quicksync?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
Is the Xeon E-2100 series the cream of the crop with regard to Intel server class processors that support Quicksync?

jingram

Oct 21, 2018
That’s my take, hence why I pulled the trigger on a 2176g. The 2146g wasn’t in channel at all and I didn’t want the higher TDP of the 2186g.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
That’s my take, hence why I pulled the trigger on a 2176g. The 2146g wasn’t in channel at all and I didn’t want the higher TDP of the 2186g.
Do CPU pass mark benchmarks factor in the iGPU? Trying to compare the E-2176g to the Xeon Silver 4114.

TrumanHW

Sep 16, 2018
Does the Xeon Silver 4114 have Quick Sync .. ? I see the appeal of having a nice xeon unit with QS especially for general storage with a video surveillance system running in a hypervisor system; the question is, FINDING a Xeon unit which also HAS Quick Sync. Of course, MilestoneSys.com now supports GPUs like the 1080 Ti ... which is pretty fantastic for a FREE VMS / Surveillance system ... so long as you can manage on a budget of 8 cameras.

Anyway, I've struggled to get a definitive answer aside from the inference that, 'no data' = null hypothesis, or, doesn't support it.

It'd be nice if there were a way to find

E5-2xxx v3 or v4 ...
-- or --
Xeon Silver (LGA 3647 CPUs)

... of which either had say, the integrated GPU HD 630 ... and supported QuickSync, as well.

I do know of a conversation I've had that I can dig up in which [a] xeon proc was suggested to me ... which necessarily had QuickSync feature integrated (as it was previously contingent for the Milestone Systems version I was using) ... and could find that if those are the only criteria.

However, I think you, like me, are looking for a particular generation (juuuust old enough to be priced for consumers... but still has very good performance. I'm not fast at checking back here; but, if I read you right, and, you haven't as of yet found said info ... I'll dig that up and get it posted here.

While off topic, any chance someone has a definitive opinion in comparative performance or 'inherent advantages' of the LGA 3647 procs, such as the Silver series and up -- vs. the E5-26xx v3 / v4 (difference between those is a small 'core bump' and 10% faster memory, which although good, isn't a quantum leap such that I regard them as a different species of processor.

It's hard to imagine that the LGA3647, with it's much larger footprint, area for cooling, pins allowing connectivity (bandwidth) improvements ... is a 'largely cosmetic' difference ... of which, it's really the same product. (Same PCI lanes, RAM capacities, and so on and so forth...) which is just, kinda surprising.

Thanks... :)

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
Does the Xeon Silver 4114 have Quick Sync .. ? I see the appeal of having a nice xeon unit with QS especially for general storage with a video surveillance system running in a hypervisor system; the question is, FINDING a Xeon unit which also HAS Quick Sync. Of course, MilestoneSys.com now supports GPUs like the 1080 Ti ... which is pretty fantastic for a FREE VMS / Surveillance system ... so long as you can manage on a budget of 8 cameras.

Anyway, I've struggled to get a definitive answer aside from the inference that, 'no data' = null hypothesis, or, doesn't support it.

It'd be nice if there were a way to find

E5-2xxx v3 or v4 ...
-- or --
Xeon Silver (LGA 3647 CPUs)

... of which either had say, the integrated GPU HD 630 ... and supported QuickSync, as well.

I do know of a conversation I've had that I can dig up in which [a] xeon proc was suggested to me ... which necessarily had QuickSync feature integrated (as it was previously contingent for the Milestone Systems version I was using) ... and could find that if those are the only criteria.

However, I think you, like me, are looking for a particular generation (juuuust old enough to be priced for consumers... but still has very good performance. I'm not fast at checking back here; but, if I read you right, and, you haven't as of yet found said info ... I'll dig that up and get it posted here.

While off topic, any chance someone has a definitive opinion in comparative performance or 'inherent advantages' of the LGA 3647 procs, such as the Silver series and up -- vs. the E5-26xx v3 / v4 (difference between those is a small 'core bump' and 10% faster memory, which although good, isn't a quantum leap such that I regard them as a different species of processor.

It's hard to imagine that the LGA3647, with it's much larger footprint, area for cooling, pins allowing connectivity (bandwidth) improvements ... is a 'largely cosmetic' difference ... of which, it's really the same product. (Same PCI lanes, RAM capacities, and so on and so forth...) which is just, kinda surprising.

Thanks... :)

None of the 8+ core Xeon CPUs have Quick Sync as you can see here. The best Xeon you can find with QS is the Xeon E-2100 series.

On a related note, I thought very long and hard about going with an LGA3647 CPU (was looking at the Silver 4114 for a while) but I wound up picking up a Xeon E5-2680v3 instead. The value is just so much higher.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Currently, no mainstream server CPUs have an iGPU. I think the Intel Xeon E-2100 is owned by the consumer group at Intel these days.

Here is the general breakdown off the top of my head.

With iGPU:
  • Intel Xeon E3-12x5 or 12x6 models
  • Intel Xeon E-21xxG models
  • Intel Core i3
  • AMD Ryzen Embedded V1000 (ECC if motherboard supports)
Without iGPU:
  • Xeon E5
  • Xeon Scalable x1xx
  • Xeon D-1500
  • Xeon D-2100
  • Atom C2000
  • Atom C3000
  • Xeon E3-12x0 and E3-12x1
  • Xeon E-21xx models
  • AMD EPYC 3xx1
  • AMD EPYC 7xx1