Best dual copper 10GbE NIC for clients?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.
Sep 4, 2017
What's the best dual-port copper 10GbE card for client use? Specifically for machines that standby/resume in Windows 11 as required by Energy Star.

We've been using two AQC133C cards but that takes an extra slot. Aquantia drivers are somewhat reasonable at resuming from standby (we still get the occasional network error from web sites on resume though, e.g. Reddit). It's also annoying that Marvell doesn't distribute drivers or firmware anymore, and the card vendor (e.g. Gigabyte) doesn't update them either, so you have to go driver hunting on the Windows Update Catalog.

I don't see a dual AQC113C card except from QNAP and in my experience their cards only work in their NAS. I got their dual X710 card and it doesn't work in any PC I tried.

What about the Intel X710-T2L? Does it have decent resume from standby behavior or does it cause disconnections every time like X550 did?

We are using dual 10GbE for SMB Multichannel.

Tech Junky

Oct 26, 2023
Any box / OS should work just fine. I ran their 5G4T card for years on my Linux box. The only issue I had was occasionally the kernel module would not work and would have to roll back until the next release and try again. QNAP offers a couple of flavors of each card though and can be a steal compared to other options for the same HW. The quad port I picked up was $200 vs getting a mGIG switch for port density it made more sense.

Sep 4, 2017
I just noticed that QNAP has discontinued their dual AQC113C (QXG-10G2TB), so they don't offer a PC-compatible dual 10GbE NIC anymore.